Steamboat Marathon Races Into Yampa Valley June 4, 2023.
The sound of pounding feet will echo across the Yampa Valley during the first Sunday of June as runners in the Steamboat Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K run their way toward the finish line in downtown Steamboat Springs. With all races finishing downtown, the event brings some street closures for most of the day on Sunday, June 4, 2023.
- Westbound lanes of Lincoln Avenue will be closed from 5th to 11th Streets for the finish of all races and racers’ safety. Vehicle traffic will be split (one in each direction) in the two lanes normally designated for eastbound traffic on US40.
- A rolling closure on 5th Street from Lincoln to Oak will be encountered Sunday morning, between 6am and 9am, for the 10K start. 6th Street between Lincoln Avenue and Oak Street will also be closed (6am to 3pm) for the Vendors Expo and race activities.
- Anticipate numerous runners, support vehicles and emergency apparatus on the road when traveling Routt County Road 129 (Elk River Road), and please slow down and give ample room when passing.
- Additional traffic controls will be in place further north on CR 129 with detours and one-way traffic.
- Traffic controls and pilot car operations will also be encountered around key points such as Elk River Estates, Cullen’s Corner, Moon Hill, Steamboat Springs Airport, and CR 44/129 intersections. Drivers should expect traffic delays and allow for extra travel time.