Voices of Steamboat, Opera Steamboat’s Second Annual Voice Competition12/15/2020 02:14PM ● By Opera Steamboat
If you are interested in performing in the program and in rallying support for your nonprofit of choice, please:
1. Prepare a video clip of you singing. All genres of music are accepted.
2. Fill out your Application, available for download here >
3. Send your video clip and the application PDF to [email protected]
Deadline: December 20, 2020. Applications and audition clips are due by 12pm MST
Announcement: December 21, 2020. You will receive an email notifying you whether you have been selected as a finalist. Finalists will sing in the competition and also have the opportunity to raise funds to benefit a favorite nonprofit.
Performance Date: February 13th at 5:00 pm MST
Location: Broadcast on YouTube LIVE from Colorado Mountain College Allbright AuditoriumOur panel of judges will select the top vocalists to win exciting prizes.
Judges: Jessica Mallow, Executive Director of Kalamazoo Symphony
Elissa Greene, Executive Director of Strings Music Festival
Ben Gulley, Internationally acclaimed tenor
Host: Andres Cladera, General and Artistic Director of Opera Steamboat
HOW IT HELPS YOUR CHOSEN NONPROFIT:
Opera Steamboat is proud to provide an opportunity for each singer to raise money for a favorite nonprofit.
How your supporters will get involved:
1. If you are selected as a finalist, starting December 21, 2020, you can then begin to raise money from your supporters/sponsors.
2. Payments can be made here for a secure and easy transaction. Your supporters/sponsors simply visit the link, list the name of the singer in the “Honor” box, and make their donation
3. 70% of each donation will go to your chosen nonprofit. 30% will go to Opera Steamboat to underwrite the production of community events like this, as well as inspiring opera performances and programs such as Opera in the Schools, Vocal Workshops, and the Opera Artist Institute.
4. There will be a “Grand Support” winner and runner -up for those who raise the most money for community nonprofits.
Opera Steamboat Contact info: Andres Cladera, General and Artistic Director [email protected]