Farmer's Market Opens This Saturday06/02/2020 02:17PM ● By Rachel Miller
Steamboat Farmers Market
Market Location: 7th and Yampa Street between 5th and 8th
When: Saturdays Starting June 6 thru September 19th 2020
Market Hours: 9:00 am until 2:00 pm
Vendor Parking : Howelsen Ice Rink
Patron parking : Steamboat Rodeo Grounds (across the bridge at 5th St and Yampa)
New Rules All Around for the Main Street Steamboat Farmers Market in 2020
The Main Street Steamboat Springs Farmers Market will open Saturday June 6th! We are so excited to see everyone this Summer! But in order to keep you safe and for the safety of our vendors and volunteers, things will look a little different. Your trip to the Market this summer will be more of a grocery experience. You will still be able to purchase most everything you need to prepare meals by visiting the Farmers Market. Meat and fish, cheese, chicken, eggs, bakery items, and condiments like specialty salts, salsa, honey and, of course, fresh produce and plants. The city has granted more space so we can adequately social distance, and traffic at the market will be one way (please look for, and adhere to, directional signage). Patrons and vendors will be required to wear masks and there will be no seating available or entertainment. Check out the Guidelines below.
Health and Safety at the Main Street Farmers Market
The Colorado Department of Agriculture has declared Farmers Markets critical businesses. We believe that the fewer hands we have touching food, the safer it is. We also believe local food supports our our community, economy and nourishes our spirits as much as our stomachs. Please check our website for who will be in attendance each week and for any changes in protocol. In the meantime, here are some of the ways we are helping to keep everyone safe this summer.
- Everyone at the Market will be required to wear a mask, vendors, volunteers and patrons.
- Entrances are located at the 7th Street alley, Yampa & 6th, and Yampa & 8th.
- The number of patrons allowed in the market will be limited. That number is still being determined.
- Vendors and patrons must be able to maintain 6 feet of separation.
- Booths will be separated to facilitate distancing.
- Traffic will be one way, please look for, and adhere to, directional signage.
- Sorry, no dogs or bikes will be allowed at the Market.
- Hand-washing stations will be available by the restrooms and at the intersection of 7th & Yampa Streets.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each Entrance/Exit and at vendor booths.
We are closely following guidelines from the CDC, Colorado Farmers Market Association, and our local Health Department officials to ensure we are operating in a safe environment for our vendors and patrons. Orders may change as the summer progresses, so please check our website for changes in protocol.
What we are asking our vendors to do:
- Have hand sanitizer available to their staff and customers.
- Have gloves and hand washing stations available for employees.
- Use contactless forms of payment whenever possible.
- Disinfect common surfaces regularly.
- Customers should place items in their own bag.
- All prepared food must be served in To Go containers. No seating areas will be provided to eat at the Market.
What you as a Patron can do:
- Wear a mask. Right now it is a requirement. Many of our producers are one person operations. If they get sick, they will not be able to continue to bring you them items you love.
- Make a list before arriving at the market.
- Bring your own bags, but be sure to wash them first. Pack your groceries yourself. Do not hand your bag to vendors to pack.
- Bring a folding wagon to fit all your groceries as you shop.
- Leave your dog home, but bring him a treat so he doesn’t feel left out.
- Park your bike outside of the market.
- Be Adventurous! There will be no sampling at the market this year, but take a chance on a new item, you might love it!
- Visit with your neighbors from 6 feet apart. This will be the hardest thing for all of us, but proper distancing will ensure that we are able to keep the Market open and will be able to bring you fresh local food.
The Main Street Steamboat Farmers Market, located on 7th and Yampa streets and the 7th street parking lot, is held on Saturdays from mid-June to mid-September. Our official hours are 9 am to 2 pm but if you are out riding your bike or getting in a quick run before the day’s events, you can usually pick up a cup of coffee, pastry or even a breakfast burrito before the crowds arrive.
The Main Street Steamboat Farmers Market features fresh fruit and vegetables each week, many of our vegetable vendors are from right here in Steamboat, but a lot of folks drive in from Palisades or the front range to round out our selection. We focus on food and offer a wide variety of local and cottage industry products.
For vendor information and registration click here.