5 Ways to Spend Your Labor Day in the 'Boat
By Alesha Damerville
1. The Wild West Air Fest is a feature of the Labor Day weekend celebration in Steamboat Springs. The event featuring thrilling aerobatics and formation flying performances. Enjoy warbirds and static aircraft displays, great food, exhibits, vendors and activities for all ages.
2. The 6th annual Yampa Valley CraneFestival features guided crane viewings, nature and bird walks, expert speakers, films, crane and bird art workshops and children’s activities.
3. First Friday Artwalk is a free self-guided tour of local art galleries, museums and alternative venues in downtown Steamboat Springs. Businesses remain open the first Friday of every month for this favorite event of locals and visitors alike. Free to the public, refreshments are served.
4. Sunset Happy Hour with panoramic views from 9,000 feet at the top of the Gondola. Enjoy drink specials, appetizers and live music while you watch the sunset. Afterward, take in the stars and lights of downtown on your descent back to the base area.
5. The 2017 Free Concert Series ends its season with the End of Summer Jam featuring headliners Fruition along with The Soul Rebels, Small Town World, Wheelhouse and Yer State Birds this Sunday at Howelsen Hill.
For more events or information visit http://www.steamboatchamber.com