How to Photograph a Puppy - and Enter the Outdoor K9 Photo Contest08/09/2013 01:40PM ● By Grant Johnson
Laura Tyler of Total Teamwork Training provided this step-by-step guide to photographing your puppy. If you have ever tried taking a picture of a puppy (for the Outdoor K9 Photo Contest, for example) you will likely find this guide relatable.
1. Remove batteries from package and load camera.
2. Remove empty battery package from puppy’s mouth and throw in trash.
3. Remove puppy from trash and brush coffee grounds from muzzle.
4. Choose a suitable background for photo, mount camera on tripod and focus.
5. Find puppy and take dirty sock from mouth.
6. Place puppy in pre-focused spot and return to camera.
7. Forget about spot and crawl after puppy on knees.
8. Focus with one hand and fend off puppy with other hand. Get tissue and clean nose
prints from lens.
9. Take camera strap from puppy’s mouth. Put magazines back on coffee table.
10. Put cat outside and put peroxide on the scratch on puppy’s nose.
11. Try to get puppy’s attention by squeaking toy over your head.
12. Replace your glasses and check camera for damage.
13. Jump up in time to grab puppy and rush outside saying, “NO, OUTSIDE… NO, OUTSIDE!”
14. Call someone to help clean up mess.
15. Open a can of beer or a bottle of wine.
16. Sit back in lazy boy with beer or wine and resolve to teach puppy “sit” and “stay” the first
thing in the morning.
If in fact you have managed to successfully capture a photo of your puppy, enter it in the Outdoor K9 Photo Contest! You could win a custom Josa Bloom Collar/Leash set and a session with Total Teamwork Training or a $50 gift card to the Animal Healing Center. You can also check out the entries and vote for your favorites.