● By Alesha Damerville
Image from David Dietrich
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS- There’s a reason Steamboat Springs has a reputation for natural beauty and pristine wilderness: those who visit and live here do so responsibly. Here are some tips to help keep this town a piece of paradise for visitors and locals alike.
1. Pick up your trash – pack out what you pack in on trails or around town.
2. Reduce your footprint – remember that resources are precious, and treat them as you would your resources at home.
3. Follow trail etiquette – stay on the trail; if you aren’t sure, ask a local.
4. Obey traffic laws – use crosswalks, park in designated spots, follow the speed limit. Better
yet, use public transportation.
5. Respect plants and animals – give wildlife plenty of space, and leave nature how you found it.
6. Follow the golden rule – give common courtesy to others, and allow them opportunities to enjoy Steamboat as much as you do.
7. Speak up – Don’t assume others know mountain manners. Lead by example, and share etiquette and tips with others.